Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Today's thought: Make Someone Happy


Yhello,

On my way to the office today ( thanks to the BRT buses that are fully fitted with Air conditioning systems),I was reading a book written by Max Lucado and I came across an excerpt which I want to share with you. I wish I could talk about books by Max Lucado but you won't feel me till you go get yourself a copy and you would be introduced to the world of one of the most poetic author.

This excerpt is from his book titled: He still moves stones and like i said its been very interesting. He was describing the experience of the woman with the issue of blood that touched the hem of Jesus garment. Two great things happened to the woman namely
1. She was healed of her disease
2. Jesus called her "daughter".

This was the only time Jesus calls any woman like that in the bible. Imagine how that would make the woman feel. Who would remember the last time she received a term of affection? Who knew the last time kind eyes met hers?

Max Lucado tells the story of LeO Tolstoy, the great Russian writer, who tells of the time he was walking down the street and passed a beggar. Tolstoy reached into his pocket to give the beggar some money, but his pocket was empty. Tolstoy turned to the man and said, "I am sorry, my brother, but I have nothing to give."

The beggar brightened and said, " You have given me more than I asked for - you have called me brother."

TO THE LOVED, A WORD OF AFFECTION IS A MORSEL, BUT TO THE LOVE-STARVED, A WORD OF AFFECTION CAN BE A FEAST.

Remember, Jesus gave the woman a banquet.

Bringing it home, can you take time to look every person that has come across your way today. They may be okada men, bus conductors, beggars, cleaners, security guards, colleagues, your boss or whoever they are or claim to be, Go ahead and place before them a banquet just like Jesus did. Show them that affection that God has blessed you with. Be kind to every one that you come across. i have learnt in life that if you want to be happy, make other people happy. What you do for others will surely come your way.

Its a great day ahead. Make the most out of it and like Max Lucado will say, thanks for reading my ramblings today.



Your Friend and Brother

Albert Afolabi
www.daalberto.blogspot.com
"Born to Impact, Never to Impress"

No comments: