Friday, October 23, 2009

My Thought Today: Believe and Act

Hi,

First, let me say thanks to my readers. You guys keep me going.

What happened to my thought yesterday? Sorry, had a presentation in Abuja and its a whole day story, maybe for another time.

My thought today is one that has never left me since the time I read a paragraph in Max Lucado's book ( He still moves stones) during my flight to Abuja.

See this story as illustrated by Max Lucado

I love the story of the private who ran after and caught the runaway horse of Alexander the Great. When he brought the animal back to the general, Alexander thanked him by saying, "Thanks you, captain.''

With one word the private was promoted. When the general said it, the private believed it. He went to the quartermaster, selected a new uniform, and put it on. He went to the officer's quarters and selected a bunk. He went to the officer's mess and had a meal.

Because the General said it, he believed it. Would that we would do the same.

I wish we would do that; I wish we would take Jesus at his words. I wish, like heaven, that we would learn that when he says something, it happens. What is this peculiar paralysis that confines us? What is this stubborn unwillingness to be healed? When Jesus tells you to stand, let's stand
When he says we are forgiven, let's unload the guilt.
When he says we are valuable, let's believe him.
When he says we are eternal, let's bury our fear.
When he says we are provided for, let's stop worrying.
When he says, "Stand up,'" let's do it.

Bringing it home, what do you believe about yourself, start living the lifestyle now. My pastor will say ,' you are not a millionaire when you have a million naira in your bank account, you become a millionaire first in your mind, then the millions have no choice but to find their way into your bank account.

Go back and list all that God has said about you, build your mind capacity till that word becomes part of you, then act accordingly. Just like the private, immediately the general called him a captain, he started acting as one.

Do Have a great day.

Your Friend and Brother

Albert Afolabi
"Born to Impact, Never to Impress"
www.daalberto.blogspot.com

No comments: