Monday, October 26, 2009

My Thought Today: Don't Worry, Be Happy

Hey guys,

How are you all doing? Its been a very busy weekend for me. My eldest brother finally gave the ring to the only Calabar chick that has been knocking our door. Thank God for their lives. Ok, straight to business.

What is my thought today? While I was on my way to the office, still feeling very tired, I decided to take some little nap. Not too long into the journey, I heard the next guy beside me complaining just because of the little traffic ahead. His complaint was did the driver not take another route. I would have not made this an issue but I remembered that it was the same scenario on friday in another BRT bus. I took my time to rest and when I got into my office, I replayed the scenario again and came out with the following thoughts.

1. Why do we complain about things we don't have the capacity to change. This guy is just getting angry and there is no way the driver can change his route. I have learnt from the bible that ALL THINGS WILL WORK TOGETHER FOR MY GOOD. So I made it a habit to complain less and see the way forward. Most times when we complain or get angry, it blocks our imaginative mind in seeing the way forward. I go about life always feeling very optimistic. I am not saying we should not talk when our voice can make a difference. St Francis Xavier said in one of his quotes that God should give him the courage to change what he could change, the serenity to accept the things he could not change and the wisdom to know the difference. My challenge here is that we should learn not to waste our energy on things that are out of our control and accept the fact that it will always work for our good.

2. Every body at every time always prefer that life should go on without any issue. I keep imagining what life would be without problems, road blocks, issues, stress, problems etc. Would man still be as creative as they are? Human beings would always want an easy way out. I do believe this is one of the major causes of hold-up or go-slow in Lagos roads. We are all looking for the easy way out. Immediately you are stuck here, look for an alternative and sometimes go against the law just to get your way. I do wish we will take time to enjoy certain situations and not look for the easy way out. There would not be any great ideas or opportunities in life if there are no problems or road blocks. We should not be hasty to go through every situation but take time to learn every lesson that we need to learn.
Life is beautiful (MTN)
Life is good (LG).
TAKE TIME TO ENJOY LIFE.

To conclude my thoughts today, my challenge for you is:

HAKUNA MATATA

DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY

Your Friend and Brother,

Albert Afolabi
"Born to Impact, Never to Impress''
www.daalberto.blogspot.com

No comments: