Thursday, October 15, 2009

From Me to You

My special Gift

I do have one special gift for all my friends. It’s an advice and it is priceless. I would advise you to please listen to Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s recent messages on” Real Money”. Life is guided by principles. These principles work even they don’t make sense to you. I have seen some of these principles worked and I am triggered now to commit my life to great principles.

Pastor Sam identified real money as value and not the paper note we so desire. The paper note is to be in exchange for value. Being a consultant, I can say that about 8% of people that I have interviewed for jobs are more particular about how much the job will be paying them. Some even told me that they can do any job just as the pay is there. Very few people have learnt this principle of giving value first to get value. Pastor Sam made a statement that when the bricklayer is building the house; the house too is building the bricklayer. This is so true. Imagine your level of wisdom and knowledge before you took up a job and then imagine what you know now. In doing your job, the job also has increased your mental capabilities. I can say boldly that my mind capacity has been so stretched by my job, the networks it has afforded me, strive for possibilities and the learning turfs in new ventures I have explored. I can say that I am a 1000 time bigger on the inside than I am on the outside.

The key word here is to build value. I should advice here that you should be very careful before taking a job. Pastor Sam explained that you are the CEO of You Incorporated. When you are employed by a company, they have employed the CEO of another company to come and work with them for a while. Carry yourself with that dignity and go add your wealth of wisdom to theirs. The way an employer has the right to choose who their employee is should the same way you should determine who your employer would be.

Let me give some specific advice here.

1. Don’t work for money. Always choose to work in a place where you would develop yourself. When you are about to determine which job you should take, ask yourself this question, “in the passage of time, if you are doing this job, what would have been added to you?” if your present job is developing you but not paying too much, stay there and learn all you need to learn, what you are doing is that you are building value which another employer will pay for later. I can tell you of friends of mine who work in places where they are not well paid but they are the ones running the whole show. One of them now works with shell and gets paid like 500k monthly. I tell you, it is not his fault, he has paid his dues.

2. Always have money. I do believe that God send to us different ideas every day. Ideas that will prosper us. Ideas are like seeds. We must prepare our minds as fertile lands for every idea to germinate in our lives. One of the facts I have noticed that kills ideas in our lives is the fact that we don’t have money. No matter how grand the idea is, when the reality shines on us that we don’t have money, it rubbishes the idea. Try this simple method I have been practicing for long on having money always. It really works.

• Have at least a bank account or more. For me, I started with two banks.

• Make up your mind on what you want your minimum deposit. Have this thought that if the remaining money in your account is this minimum balance, then tell yourself you don’t have money. WHATEVER YOU DO, ALWAYS LEAVE THAT MINIMUM DEPOSIT.
I started with #5000 naira in my accounts which makes #10,000. So when I tell you I don’t have money, what I really mean is that I have #10000 in my accounts.

• Over time, increase the minimum accounts as your income grows. Always let the thought that you have money be in your mind. Relish the idea. I was able to increase my minimum balance from #5000 to #50,000. No matter the idea that comes to me, I know I have #100,000 in the bank that I can use to effect it.

• It’s so simple to do but you must be disciplined and very consistent.

3. Have a life plan. Plan your life ahead. I would always be grateful to a 10 year plan I did for myself. I have had all I planned for each year. I would implore you to sit down and create a long term and short term plan for your life. A descriptive plan I have always enjoyed writing is called “A day in my life in 5 years time”. My mind keeps getting enlarged anytime I read the last plan and decide to change it. I can assure you, it keeps getting better. Let your plan be achievable, believable and concrete.

4. Stay positive. I have learnt in life that when am going through some tough situations, I should find out what the worst case scenario is. Truth is that the worst never happens. I have made up my mind to always see the glass of water as half full and never half empty. I am an incurable optimist. It will surely get better for me. This year would be a great year for me. It might be hard but stay strong and stay positive.

5. Lastly, have good friends. Invest in friends. You will reap bountifully. The greatest thing that could happen to you is when your friends mention your name where it matters. Imagine an employer looking for a valuable staff, would your friend so much trust you to mention your name. Think about this.

No comments: