Friday, January 22, 2010

Meeting with Great Men - 1

Hi All,

Happy New Year.

I must confess that I have really been enthusiastic about writing my notes and truth is that the inspiration keeps coming. What I did not push myself to do is to post them for you all. I have taken my time always to read all the notes by all of my friends and I am really glad that waoh, we have so much great talents brewing up. Some are getting more poetic (Tolu Oke), while some are getting more original (Toks Hexydre), some are getting very religious , some very radical. Great thing here is that we all know whwre to turn to when it keeps flowing. I do pray that we would always have something to say or write for the whole world to benefit from. Sorry did not mention that some are getting more notes to "tiff" -(feel like mentioning a name here buy you guys can suggest, I would only confirm).

I chose to write today of an encounter I had with a great man yesterday. It was a great privilege for me to meet him in person. With him, time was not counting. I have always preached that be very careful and very choosy about people in your network. They either add to your net-worth or sap every value in you. When you have great friends, you will surely meet great people. Let me say thanks to Mayowa Owolabi and Omotola Fawunmi at this point.They are two great friends that have helped me achieve my goal of meeting two great people this month.

Yesterday, I met Mr. Richie Dayo Johnson ( http://richmondjohnson.com/richie.html). He is popularly called RDJ. The best way to introduce him for now is that he is one of the judges for the recently just concluded Great Debaters. We had so many inciting chat and it was easy bonding with Him. At a point during our discourse, He said you are not going anywhere tonight. I was really impressed. We spoke about many interest and you could see the way he was listening to me. I felt like Obama at a point. It was a great time for me meeting a professional speaker who knows his onions and still has the energy in him. An hour with him was like reading 5 motivational books put together.

This morning, I got a call from RDJwishing me a great day and thanking me for the meeting. To me, that was impactful. I have spent the next 20minutes after then reading through his website. Please do take your time to check it up and have same experience with me, www.richmondjohnson.com).

For this note, I "tiffed" some of his great and very inspiring quotes for you. Enjoyyyyyyyyyy

1. "At the end of our lives, we do not regret the things at which we failed, we regret the things we wished for but never attempted”- RDJ

2. “Be careful the environment you choose, for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them” - RDJ

3. “You must be willing to do today what other people will not do in order to have tomorrow what they will not have”. - RDJ

4. “Everytime you open your mouth, you let men look into your mind. Whether you like it or not, your conversation is your advertisement.” - RDJ

5. “The Art of speaking and sartorial savvy begin with you. Foster the art in your own life and then apply the art to all you encounter.” -RDJ

6. “Excellence is not a destination but a process that gives attention to detail. It is also an antidote used to stop the deadly disease called mediocrity.” - RDJ

7. "When you open your mouth, you tell the world who you are" - RDJ

8. "The moment you open your mouth, you enter into the world of show business" -RDJ

9. "Knowledge inspires confidence. Knowledge plus confidence will win any audience" - RDJ


10. “You must be willing to do today what other people will not do in order to have tomorrow what they will not have”. -RDJ

11. "An effective plan implemented today is more profitable than a perfect one delayed till next year"- RDJ

See you all next week.

Your Friend and Brother,

Albert AFOLABI

No comments: